The CALS website will gradually build in some options for membership participation. For an initial test, we have set up two blogs – one for each of our regular workshops – and a regular coordinator/attendee of those workshops will be able to post.
In the near future, a number of CALS Board members and other highly active members of the society may receive user logins and be able to post new events to the calendar and new photos to the galleries. If you are interested in contributing, contact the web manager Eric Peterson.
This page will gradually be converted to an instruction page for posters.
Instructions for posting a blog:
- Go to californialichens.org
- Log in through the link at the bottom of the sidebar
- Do NOT use the QuickPress. Click on Posts on the left-hand side
- Click on “Add New” (side bar or top of the page)
- Add a title
- Use the WSIWIG text editor to craft your post. Note the Upload/Insert buttons at the top for inserting photos. If you paste from Word, click the Paste from Word button (W); if you paste from elsewhere, click the Paste as Plain Text button (T).
- I’m not sure we need to put anything in the ‘Excerpt’, ‘Trackback’, or ‘Custom Fields’ sections.
- Leave comments and trackbacks unchecked… I may look into enabling comments at a later date, but at the moment I am still fearing potential complications from spammers.
- IMPORTANT: on the right-hand side of your screen, you need to check off which ‘Category’ your post goes into. So far, please use only:
- Marin Workshops
- Tilden Workshops
- Events (for calendar items)
- Notices (for any major CALS news – also contact me to put a link into the home page.)
- Click the blue ‘Publish’ button on the right-hand side.
- Go to the regular site and view your post (remember to refresh the page if you already have it open). If you need to change something and you are logged in, you can use the ‘Edit’ link at the bottom of the post.