California Lichen Society
Dedicated to promoting the appreciation, preservation, and study of California lichens.
The California Lichen Society was established as a nonprofit corporation in 1994. It has grown from the original nine founding members, and now includes roughly 200 members worldwide. We are an active group, and have set ourselves the goals of mapping the state’s lichen flora, preserving its endangered species, and enhancing the knowledge and understanding of lichens throughout California and adjacent areas.
Current activities of the Society:
- Full-day workshops for all levels of expertise
- Twice-monthly evening workshops
- Field trips throughout California
- Advancing conservation of lichen
- General Member meeting and potluck in January
- Guest lectures
- Annual participation in the Mycological Society of San Francisco Fungus Fair
If you have any questions, please visit our contacts page.