1. Evening Lecture
Shelly Benson, CALS president, will give an introductory talk on lichens. Shelly will explain the fascinating fungal-algal relationship known as the lichen. She will also talk about the ecological importance of lichens and how humans have used them through time. Questions: Contact David at (415) 893-9508 or DHerlocker@marincou nty.org Check out the Marin County Parks events calendar for more details about this event and other fun events at Marin CountyParks
- When: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 7:30-9pm
- Event Location: Marin Humane Society, 171 Bel Marin Keys Blvd, Novato
- Directions: Meet at the little theater at the Marin Humane Society in Novato
2. Lichen walk at Cascade Canyon, Fairfax
Join Shelly Benson for a lichen walk at Cascade Canyon to admire the incredible diversity of our local lichen flora! Remember to bring your hand lens so you can truly appreciate the fine details. This walk is for adults. We request that no animals (except service animals) attend. Questions: Contact David at (415) 893-9508 or DHerlocker@marincou nty.org. High fire danger may cancel: Call (415) 893-9527 after 7am on the morning of the event to hear a recorded message if cancelled. Check out the Marin County Parks events calendar for more details about this event and other fun events at Marin County Parks
- When: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 10am-2pm
- Event Location: Meet at the gate at the end of Cascade Dr.
- Directions: From Hwy 101 in Larkspur, take the Sir Francis Drake Blvd exit west to Fairfax. In downtown Fairfax, drive about 0.4 mile west on Bolinas Rd and make a soft right at Cascade Dr (at the stop sign).
Continue about 1.5 miles to the gate (dead end). Parking is limited.
- More info on Cascade Canyon